Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Welcome to California

Since we no longer live next to everyone, I thought it might be a good idea to finally give in and start a blog.  That way I'll only have to tell each story once or twice!  I think we are finally settled in and California is starting to feel like home.  Kens and I have our daily routine pretty much down.  Wake up, go to the gym, swim, take a nap, go back to the gym, eat dinner and then go to bed.  We live right next door to our gym, so we spend a lot of time there.  Their kids pools are awesome!  They have a wading pool that goes to about 4 feet deep, then a play area with slides and water shooters and a bunch of other stuff.  (They also have a normal swimming pool and a lap pool).   Kensie's new favorite thing to do is practice sinking.  She sees how long she can tread water -  about 2 seconds - before she sinks.  Then laughs and tries it again.  Every time commenting about how good she is getting at sinking :-) It's pretty funny.

We also spend a fair amount of time going to parks.  We found one in Rocklin (about 20 minutes from our house) that is by far the coolest park I have ever seen.  It is 3 stories high, with the fastest- most funnest (like my english?) - slides.  I think Steve and I had almost as much fun as Kensie did.  They also have a spray park, and soccer fields.  

We found story time at the library, and a cute pumpkin patch-farm thing that we went to too.  I'm not sure what we will do  when it's no longer 85 degrees and we can't go swimming every day, but we're planning some more adventures to find out!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY! I am so glad you decided to start a blog. It really is a great way to keep in touch. I am so glad that California is starting to feel like home. Miss you and Kens bunches!

Anonymous said...

California sounds so fun I'm jealous! We finally moved into a place with a pool and they close it down for the winter :(! We miss you guys!!