Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two's were cake

Whoever said that two's were terrible obviously never had a three year old! Oh my gosh! Kens turned three and suddenly had an opinion on EVERYTHING (wonder where she got that?) and will not do anything she doesn't want to do.  I have to make everything a "deal" or she somehow feels like she needs to argue with me, it's totally awesome.  I love it.   Today at nap time we had almost finished our extensive pre-nap time routine when she suddenly needed chap stick.  I told her she could have some when she woke up. Well, she grabbed some and looked at me like " what are you gonna do about it?"  I told her she wouldn't like the consequence if she used it.  So she looks at me and says, "  I'll be ok if my toys go on time out!" and then USES IT!!!  I was so flabbergasted... to put it nicely :-)  So I grab her (she was going to take a nap in mommy's bed) and put her in her bed and shut the door.  I come out on the couch to calm down, I don't want to do something drastic.  It's quiet so I think she's in her room feeling guilty for not listening... wrong... I go back to her room and the doors open, she has pj's on she's playing with a penguin on her bed.

Hopefully this is just a phase and one day she'll be the best listener that ever existed and I'll never have this problem again... ha! Wouldn't that be sweet.   It's a good thing she's cute!

2 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Thanks...that makes me look forward to Dallin turning 3...we haven't even hit 2 yet and he thinks he can do what he wants...sweet!

The Browning Family said...

My little 3 year old is the same way!! 3 is so much worse than 2. I am hoping things get better as we make our way to 4!!