Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lessons from cooking

Today I told mom that I wanted to be a baker.  I wanted to wear a baker-hat but all we could find was a sleeping beauty "apron" instead.  I had a lot of very important jobs to do.  The most important being  Taster.  I had to keep checking the dough to make sure it was still good.
I also had to be the official Stir-er.  Mom said it would be easier if I used a bigger spoon, but I don't do the "easy" things.  I go for what gives me the biggest muscles!
As you can tell, I have "big guns" just like dad.  That really helps when you cook as much as I do, there is a lot of stirring involved :-)
In case you don't know, the number one rule in cooking is Don't Touch The Pan After It Comes Out Of The Oven!  I forgot that and grabbed it.  Man it was HOT!  That kind of ruined "baking day" for me.
I also got a package today from Grandma Mim...  check out these sweet shoes!  They're bugs and the back lights up when you walk!  I love them....  

2 comments:

Larae said...

Sorry you burned your hand but I bet the cookies were good. Luv ya

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

We really need to get together! We miss you guys! Call us when you get a chance. 530.274.8840