Sunday, February 27, 2011

RSV

You might have noticed that I've been a little MIA lately. It's true, but for good reason. I had two very sick girls. Blake got a runny nose and cold and slight fever on Tuesday, but I figured it was teething because she has a little swollen lump that just wont break through! Then on Wednesday she was sicker, coughing, fever... and Kensie joined the group that day as well. Thursday was a full blown sick day and both Kens and Blake were coughing, snot-ing, feverish, panting... Thank goodness Steven came back into town that night.
Next day at the gym a girl in the class I take tells me her son had RSV and was sick... blah blah blah... LIGHT BULB! Our kids were "playing" together in the kids club. Called the Dr. and got Blakes in immediately. She had it. We spent our weekend at the Dr, Hospital, breathing treatments... over and over and over. It was the opposite of awesome.

Luckily this week I am pleased to say they are both feeling better. I am able to relax and not listen to every breath... was it too fast? too slow? shallow? panting? are her nostrils flaring.... and they are both much happier.

Oh ya, Kens got her first ear infection too... like I said. These last two weeks were awesome.

2 comments:

Hatch Family said...

My babies both had it last week! Still recovering and it sucks! Taylor has started the same symptoms so doesn't look like I get a break yet! Glad everyone is feeling better.

Janelle said...

So sad. That is miserable for everyone. Hope you have a MUCH better week.