Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chattanooga Aquarium

We had heard that the Chattanooga Aquarium was better than the Atlanta Aquarium, so we had to go and check it out. Truth be told- IT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE!!! But we had a good time anyway.
We really liked the butterfly center. There was thousands of butterflies flying all around. It was amazing looking. There were big ones and little ones and colorful ones and boring looking ones.

Dad and I were able to get one to crawl onto our fingers. It's little legs were so tickley on my fingers when they walked.
See how big and beautiful it is? (I scratched my chin at Monkey Joe's sliding down the rubber slide)
Blake was so amazed with the butterflies too. She kept trying to grab them, but luckily she didn't! It would have ruined their wings!

Then we moved on. I don't think I've ever seen an alligator in an aquarium before, be we are in the south! They're pretty cute at this size, but not when they get big!
I liked these fishes. All their extra spikes look like a cool mohawk!
They also had a little petting part. I touched the sting rays, but I didn't really want to tough the little sharks. They're SHARKS!
And what would a trip to an aquarium be without seeing the PENGUINS?!? This aquarium does have a pretty cool program. IF there is space, you can sign up to go "behind the scenes" which I thought was super cool. Unfortunately we didn't get to pet the penguins, but we did get to go to a special viewing room. I felt pretty special!
I'm a pretty good Penguin Picture taker :-)

No comments: