Monday, August 8, 2011

O-M-Geeeee!!!!!

If you are a male, please skip this post. You will not understand the emotional drama this situation caused on my life. This includes you, Steve, "it's just hair, it's fine" IS NOT A GOOD ANSWER!!! Anyways...

I received a coupon in the mail to get your hair cut and colored for free. I haven't really found a stylist I like here, so I thought, why not? I looked up the salon, they looked nice, I even decided to pay a little extra to get the "international master" to cut my hair, it was looking sorry. BIG MISTAKE!! As I was leaving that initial appointment I felt like I was competing in the Miss Queen of Corn beauty pageant for the 45+ age group. IT WAS BAD. I looked like a poofy tea pot. I was hoping it was just the way she styled it, turns out, it wasn't. I called the salon and went back to have them try and fix it....
This is the "Fixed" haircut. The stylist and I sat and talked and tried to style it 4(!!!!!) different ways. She says, "I'm really sorry, but this is the best we can do until it grows out." WHAT! I was freaking out! I was crying, I was horrified. How in the world could I have walked out of there looking like that. PS.. both of the assistants and the other stylist at the station next to me looked horrified the entire time. That does not make a person feel any better, just sayin'. (Please note, that awesome picture was after 4 hours of panic, tears and stress. My face looks like an oblong rectangle)

Well, this is what happened. They chopped 4 inches. I now have to blow dry my hair straight. Everyday. I haven't done this in probably 2 years. I was totally freaking out as I left. (Notice the completely freaked out look on my face. That is panic. I'm trying to find my happy place)
At least I could come home to this sweet smile! I think she could tell that I needed a big cheeser right at that moment.


A couple days later and I'm feeling ok with the new 'do. It's not what I wanted. I specifically said, "I don't have time to blow dry my hair everyday" but whatcha gonna do. It looks cute. Steve likes it. It makes me feel a little spunky... that's good, right? Who knew that hair could cause so much emotional distress! Geeze....

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I understand the stress about hair. I have been going through it lately too, but can I say how gorgeous you do look. I really don't think you could look bad with any hair cut, but I honestly do understand the emotional part of it.

Tyrell Berner said...

Oh my gosh, Jamie.... I was laughing so hard reading this post... I was almost crying at the corn part! I can't immaging the emotional stress you went through but it really does look super cute now!!!

Growing up my mom let us cut our hair ONCE A YEAR... sad right... but my sister had really long dark brown hair and she pointed to the magazine picture that she wanted her hair to look like. The lady wasn't paying much attention and cut her hair like the picture next to the one she wanted. She was going into her first year of high school with a men's haircut.... it was that short. And to top it off... the lady thought it would look better blond and tried to dye her dark brown hair blond- it came out orange. It took her until her senior year to grow it out. (I thought this story might make you feel a tiny bit better).

I love the shark week post too!

You can steal any picture I have of Hawaii that you want. I can e-mail the ones you want or you can just take them right from the blog!

You're kiddos are ADORABLE!!! Love the pictures of them!

Unknown said...

I like it! When I was pregnant I was having an especially bad pregnant mood day and in tears went to the salon and told her to chop all my hair off (because clearly that would make me feel better right?) and I think I cried for like a week after. Ever since then Jeremy gets nervous anytime I go to the salon haha.

Anonymous said...

AHH! I TOTALLY get it! Ive been going through emotional distress over my hair for the last year and a half! This last time, I ended up paying for THREE haircuts, and finally ended up with something not bad. (but also not what I wanted!) Its crazy what hair can do you your mood, huh? It does look REALLY cute by the way. :)

Janelle said...

LOL. Tear. LOL again. Oh my goodness friend we are so much alike. I'll tell you why hair is such a big deal...it's attached to your freaking FACE! You cannot look into a mirror without seeing your hair, and you cannot do anything outside of the house, without first thinking about what your hair looks like. Maybe it just grows straight through to your brain and that's why it is always on your mind. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I still have anxiety when I get my hair done (even though I love my new girl). You're hot no matter what friend and you can pull off any style :) P.S. Thanks for the bday card. I LOL too.

Karen said...

I think maybe we have all experienced this once! Mine was in Montana in 1996 and I'll never forget it! It was horrible and I cried for days, maybe even weeks! Yours looks really cute! :)

The Browning Family said...

Your second new hair do looks great! I want to know how you keep it straight with all the humidity???

Hatch Family said...

Isn't it funny how we all have our bad hair moments!! It looks great now! Makes me want to cut mine again but then I would have to go through all the emotions of cutting it off. Not worth it right now! :)

Lisa Marie said...

http://allthatisfakeandtherapetic.blogspot.com/ :)