Thursday, April 26, 2012

Easter...Only a little bit late :-)

This Easter we had an Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard with the Taylor's.  Kami and Kensie are basically unseperateable.  They have "Kensie Tuesday" where Kens goes to Kami's house, and Kami usually come to our house on Saturday.  Anyways....  They kids were SO excited to go out and look for the eggs.  They had a great time, and good news, no ants got in the eggs to eat the candy!
 Mark, 'Lyssie, Clayton and Kensie all searching for eggs
 "Just found another one, Score!!"
 Kami's basket was full in a matter of seconds
 'Lyssie  VERY excited about the chocolate egg.  She was WAY more interested about what was inside than looking for more eggs :-)
 Blake running away from dad trying to take a picture, only to turn around and see this mine.  She really hates photos lol
 Kensie showing off her basket
 Blake more excited about the candy inside the egg than being disgruntled about getting her picture taken.
Clayton and Kensie making sure that every basket only had 25 eggs in it.  Just so it was absolutely fair. The Easter Bunny isn't allowed to pick favorites!

Then a completely random funny story with Steve that happened on Easter.  Living in the South people are always very religious.  They are VERY serious about all things Jesus.  So I forgot to get chips (who can have a turkey sandwich bar without chips, hello, what was I thinking?!?) so Steve ran to the store for me.  At the check out counter the guy asked if his kids were excited for the Easter bunny to come.  Steve said, ya, I guess... (check out people will talk to you FOREVER if you're not kind of short with them lol).  Then the check out guy goes, "I'm sure she's even more excited about the Messiah."  To which Steve replies, " ahh, they're both fake so who cares" and walks out of the store.  The look on the check out guys face was priceless and completely shocked and appalled.  So was the person behind him.  Steve thought it was the funniest joke, which I'll admit I did laugh at, but he seriously could have been shot.  People don't joke around with religion.  It's not something you do here.  Steve's only excuse? He's Steve :-)

No comments: