Sunday, May 3, 2009

My First ZZZlumber Party

As you can tell from the big 'ol grin on my face, I  am super happy because I am having my very first slumber party!  We picked up my best friend Lakiyah from school on Friday and she got to spend the whole day, the night, then the whole next day with me too!  It all started with some pretty boring grocery shopping, but mom spiced it up by letting us get doughnuts!  Sweet!  Then we came home and really got the party started, we played dress up and painted!  I know!

After we had some quality art time dad brought us Nuyo ice cream and Bolt.  I've seen Bolt a couple of times, but I really wanted Kiyah to see it because Rhino is soo funny!!  Then it was time for bed.  Mom put us to bed, read us a story, sang us songs, the whole sha-bang.  She thought since it was so late and we were both tired it was going to be a quick process, boy was she WRONG.
An hour and a half later (and about 15 trips back and forth in and out of the bedroom, bathroom, garbage can and every other reason you can imagine) mom finally called dad to have him tell me it was time to sleep. (Because for some reason, when dad says something I take him seriously, mom... not so much)  I started Screaming and had a little breakdown, so he had to come home from the movie to "talk" to me.  I listened and 5 minutes later, we were both asleep!  (Funny how that works)

Saturday we both woke up really early, really excited (because this was both of our first sleep overs duhh) and couldn't wait until 7am to eat.  Mom got tagged "not it" for getting up and making breakfast and made pancakes and cereal, good combination, we wanted both...  Then after dad woke up we went bowling.  It was so fun.  I did so good by myself.  I got a 76 and Kiyah got 86!  We were pretty excited with our scores.  We got chicken fingers and fries with hawaiian punch for lunch, then went back and got some more Nuyos, we both love ice cream!  Having Ki here was so much fun, it's "redonkulous".

2 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Don't feel bad that when Steve says something she listens...Dallin is the same way...but with me...must be something in our "jones" voice. What a fun time...hope you aren't too worn out!

Janelle said...

Lucky girl! I sure miss those fun sleepovers! Tell your mommy to post a picture of her cute new haircut ok. I miss you!