Friday, February 12, 2010

Excuse for being so Neglectful...

Some of you may have noticed that I have been a little... blog neglectful. This is true. I can't argue that fact. But I do hope you will all have some sympathy for me after you watch this video (although based on the title, you can guess what it's about!) :-)



(That's right, Kensie really is "gonna be a big sister, Finally Mom!!" I'm due Mid September, but here's to hoping it's a couple weeks earlier!)

I took this video about 10 minutes after we told her. We weren't planning on telling her for awhile, but she was "fake sleeping, duh" when Steve and I started talking about being pregnant. Her eyes flew open and she started giggling and cheering... I just couldn't justify lying and saying no. She is SO excited about getting to be a big sister, it's all she talks about... What big sisters get to teach, what they get to do, how important she is going to be. Here's a few of my favorites...

K: Can I poke it and see what fun stuff it's doing in there?
K: Is it this size yet? How about now? Now? Jeeze grow faster! (about every 30 sec. for 15 min. RIGHT after we told her)
K: Ya, Ya... I'll keep you dry and safe don't worry baby brother, I'm the big sister (in the shower singing to my belly while covering it with her hands, can you guess what she wants?)
K: Hello in there, what are you doing now?
K: Well maybe you should put that baby making on hold so we can go to the gym and pick it back up when we get home! (with the whole attitude, hands posted on hips, head going side to side... I was dying laughing! Unfortunately this pregnancy is NOT as fun as Kensie was)

Being pregnant with Kens was so much easier. I wasn't sick (8 hrs of tv a day isn't that bad for 4 yr olds right?), I was super excited from the get go, I didn't look pregnant for what seemed like forever, my feet didn't start swelling until 7ish months (then boy did they swell!) This time around, not so much. I'm sick morning and night, thank goodness for lunch time and sea-bands! I already look pregnant (I know it pops sooner this time around but still...) my feet are already swelling... I could go on, but believe it or not I am working on staying positive! It's just so different. I'm an emotional basket case, poor Steve... my two favorite examples?

1) I was complaining about being tired and he joked that "oh your life is so hard, you're right" and I broke out bawling... he was SO confused! But I also realized I was being ridiculous so I was laughing at the same time... it's a really good look, trust me!

2) I ordered a meatball sandwich ( ONLY when I'm pregnant!) from Safeway on the was to San Fran and started eating it. A few bites in I was crying! The sandwich was cold so it tasted HORRIBLE but I was starving but I couldn't finish it. Again, I was doing that whole laughing/crying thing. Kens looked at me and goes "Are you crying about your sandwich? What's wrong with you?"

I'm a little worried (ok a lotta worried) about Sept. and how much things are going to change, but it'll be a new adventure, thats for sure!

4 comments:

Unguren said...

Congrats! That is very fun.
Two wasn't such a big change...three was harder. Hopefully you feel better soon.

sandy said...

Congratulations on the new baby. It will be great!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! CONGRSTS!!! That is so exciting. I hope you feel better soon. All day sickness sucks!

Larae said...

Grandpa and I are really happy for you all.