Friday, June 5, 2009

Good mom or Dummy?

This week I have been to the AT&T store 3 times...  First time my sim card died ("sometimes it just does that, we don't know why" big help) the second time Kens was playing with my phone and then suddenly I wasn't getting text messages or voicemail...  This too was a quick fix.  This is where my dilemma kicks in.  Wednesday Kens asks if she can play with my phone again... In my head I actually think, "she can't do much else to the phone, why not?" So I let her play with it.  (In my defense, I did tell her only to push the 3 buttons she knows, PacMan, Youtube and Texting but who really thought that would work?) I heard the clicking of the letters (I left the volume on so I could hear when she snuck my phone) for awhile, " I'm texting Cameron, he thinks I'm a bad texter so I'm telling him I'm not" then suddenly the phone went quiet.  Then Kens went quiet...   Long story short, she had entered a security password and locked my phone.  After a quick trip to AT&T... then longer one to Apple....  I "got" to reset my phone and now all my contacts are gone!  

Moral of the story:  Don't let your kids play with your phone, they can do way more damage than you think! (Duhh moment, I know)

3 comments:

Keep'n up with the Cameron said...

Cameron pretends like he texts people too!!! How funny!! Sorry about all the phone drama. DO you need my number?????

Mama Thompson said...

Don let Dallin "type" on a blank note page on his iphone...next thing you know...he has gotten to a "not blank page but an important one" and is typing away....and that my friends, is why I have a very basic flip phone that does nothing more then call people...not much harm can be done (except the occasional call to 911 which has happened, but atleast my phone works)!!!!

Janelle said...

So sad, I will call you tomorrow so you have my number.